We made it! Today is Day seven of our 7 Days of Raw Fast! I hope you enjoyed the experience and had fun playing with raw food. Hopefully you loved it enough to consider increasing the amount of organic fruits and vegetables in your diet no matter what else you choose to eat. To celebrate our final day I whipped up a raw dessert recipe via Rawtarian. Below’s the recipe reposted. -XoXo Raw Girl
Raw Raspberry Bars
2 cups dried, shredded coconut
1/2 cup cashews
1/4 cup maple syrup (or honey or agave nectar)
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
1 1/2 cups raspberries
1/2 cup dates
1. Process all white shortbread ingredients in food processor. Process briefly until you get a crumbly consistency, similar to the white topping in my photos. (Mixture should stick together when pinched.)
2. Take 3/4 of the white mixture and press it down firmly into your pan/molds. Refrigerate immediately so the bars can start firming up. (Set remaining 1/4 white mixture aside, to be used later.)
3. Blend all raspberry jam ingredients together until a smooth, jam-like consistency is reached. If using frozen raspberries, you may need to add an optional 1-2 tablespoons water to the jam mixture to help it blend.
4. Get your white bars out of the fridge, and smooth the raspberry jam on top of the bars using the back of a spoon. Place back in refrigerator.
5. Refrigerate bars for at least 1 hour so that the jam can firm up a little bit.
6. Sprinkle remaining white crumble mixture on top of the bars.
7. Place in freezer for at least 3 hours to firm up. Your raw raspberry bars are now ready.