The Anti-Parasite Diet: Foods that Make Parasites Run for CoverMarch 15, 2010
Embarking on a parasite cleanse can be extremely frustrating. You are dying to get those critters out of you, but have to work against the fact that a lot of times, parasites dictate your cravings. Another frustrating point is that different parasites feed on different foods to thrive. So in order to really do some damage, a general parasite cleanse can be a great help but its also necessary to consume a wide range of foods that irritate parasites to ensure you have killed the various types.
As I continue on my parasite cleanse for this year, I have done a great deal of research on what foods and herbs people say assist the body in killing worms. This is the list of foods and herbs that I have compiled thus far and have incorporated in my diet, in order to really whip out a gangsta can of Raw Girl whoop-ass and rid my body of parasites.
1. Raw Garlic – One of the number one ways to kill parasites. All effective parasite cleanses always include garlic.
2. Apple Cider Vinegar – Increase stomach acids with Apple Cider Vinegar prior to your meals. This will keep the stomach free of parasites and will also ensure that you will kill off any larvae you inadvertantly eat with your meals.
3. Pumpkin Seeds – Can help to get rid of tapeworms.
4. Pineapple – Contain an enzyme bromelain, that is anti-parisitic. A couple sources claim that a three day pineapple fast will kill tape worms.
5. Cranberry Juice (unsweetened) or Carrot Juice & Carrots – Cranberry juice can be diluted in water. Carrots the juice or the veggie eaten plain kills em as well.
6. Coconut Oil – Contains lauric acid which is found in coconut products. Coconut oil is about 50% comprised of this saturated fat which after converted by the body creates a substance that efficiently kills parasites, yeasts, viruses, and pathogenic bacteria in the gut.
7. Fennel Seed Tea – Is a mild laxative and can be an irritant to certain types of parasites.
8. Herbs: Cloves,Wormwood, Black walnut hull and husks – These herbs are always incorporated into an effective parasite cleanse and should be among the ingredients listed in the capsules you take daily from parasite cleanses that can be bought in health food stores. Cloves kills the parasite eggs that may be lingering in the intestinal tract. Black walnut hull and wormwood kill the adult and developmental stages of around 100 different types of parasites. All three are essential.
9. Pungent Spices – Spices such as: turmeric, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, cardamom, chilis, horseradish, and cayenne, all make parasites run for cover.
10. Probiotics/ Fermented Foods – Some options that can be made at home include: sauerkraut (fermented cabbage) or drinking rejuvelac (a drink made from fermented grains such as wheat berries). You can also take probiotic supplements. These help to replenish good bacteria and kill the bad.
Once again, if you didn’t know, you can get parasites a myriad of ways: from your pets, your loved ones—or anyone you kiss, also from shaking hands (washing hands regularly is key). So if you de-worm yourself and your partner does not, you’ll be back in the boxing ring with the parasites again sometime soon. Armed with my parasite cleanse, incorporating this list of foods into my diet, avoiding sugar, and consuming a lot of greens, I am determined to knock them out in this second round. Check out my previous post and article on parasites for more info: http://nutrition.suite101.com/article.cfm/internal-parasites. Take precautions and get to cleansing!
- XoXo Raw Girl